Welcome to my Kitchen!

As often as possible you will find new recipes, that I have found on the internet, from others and some that are family favorites. Most are easy and use common ingredients found in most kitchens. Not all pictures are taken by me, but I do add my own pictures as soon as I can after I have made the recipe and remember to take the picture. Pull up a chair, help yourself to some coffee and make yourself at home. Please leave a comment, I appreciate feedback. Thank you.

Tuesday, December 5, 2017

CHERRY-CHOCOLATE COCONUT MERINGUES


3 large egg whites
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
Dash salt
1/3 cup sugar
2/3 cup confectioners' sugar
1/4 cup baking cocoa
1-1/4 cups unsweetened finely shredded coconut
1/2 cup dried cherries, finely chopped

Place egg whites in a large bowl; let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
Add extract and salt; beat on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating on high until stiff glossy peaks form and sugar is dissolved. Combine confectioners' sugar and cocoa; beat into egg white mixture. Fold in coconut and cherries.

Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Bake at 325° for 25-28 minutes or until firm to the touch. Cool completely on pans on wire racks. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 3 dozen.

Found on TOH

No comments:

Post a Comment