Welcome to my Kitchen!

As often as possible you will find new recipes, that I have found on the internet, from others and some that are family favorites. Most are easy and use common ingredients found in most kitchens. Not all pictures are taken by me, but I do add my own pictures as soon as I can after I have made the recipe and remember to take the picture. Pull up a chair, help yourself to some coffee and make yourself at home. Please leave a comment, I appreciate feedback. Thank you.

Saturday, July 16, 2016

Orzo Salad

3/4 lb orzo pasta, uncooked
1 Tbsp veg. oil

1/2 c veg oil
3 Tbsp white wine vinegar
3 Tbsp lemon juice, fresh
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp mustard
1 tsp minced garlic
1 pinch dried thyme
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/4 tsp ground cumin
3 oz fresh spinach leaves, washed and torn into bite-size pieces
1 small red bell pepper, chopped
1/2 c sliced black olives
1/2 c minced green onions
3 Tbsp Feta cheese, crumbled
3 Tbsp sunflower nuts

Cook orzo 8 to 10 minutes or al dente. Rinse briefly in cold water and drain. Toss with 1 tablespoon olive oil.

Prepare dressing by combining remaining oil through cumin, whisking till smooth. Toss with orzo. Add spinach, pepper, olives, and onions. At this point, salad can be refrigerated several hours. When ready to serve, add crumbled feta cheese and sunflower nuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment