Welcome to my Kitchen!

As often as possible you will find new recipes, that I have found on the internet, from others and some that are family favorites. Most are easy and use common ingredients found in most kitchens. Not all pictures are taken by me, but I do add my own pictures as soon as I can after I have made the recipe and remember to take the picture. Pull up a chair, help yourself to some coffee and make yourself at home. Please leave a comment, I appreciate feedback. Thank you.

Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Chicken and wild rice casserole

Chicken and wild rice casserole

1 box Uncle Ben's Long Grain and Wild Rice
1 can cream of mushroom soup
2 cups cooked chicken or turkey, cubed
1 1/2 cups frozen vegetables
1/2 cup cream, half and half or milk
1 tablespoon butter
1/2 onion, diced
1/2 stalk celery, diced
salt
pepper
5 slices swiss cheese or whatever cheese you like

DIRECTIONS:

Cook box of rice according to packaged directions. In skillet, melt butter and saute’ onion and celery over medium heat until softened, about 5 minutes or until tender. Once cooked, spoon rice into large bowl. Add cream of mushroom soup, chicken, vegetables, cream, cooked onion and celery, and salt and pepper to the rice. Spread into a casserole dish. Top with cheese. Cover with foil and warm thoroughly at 300ยบ for at least 30 minutes (and up to 60).If oven is too hot the rice will get tough. 

No comments:

Post a Comment