Welcome to my Kitchen!

As often as possible you will find new recipes, that I have found on the internet, from others and some that are family favorites. Most are easy and use common ingredients found in most kitchens. Not all pictures are taken by me, but I do add my own pictures as soon as I can after I have made the recipe and remember to take the picture. Pull up a chair, help yourself to some coffee and make yourself at home. Please leave a comment, I appreciate feedback. Thank you.

Friday, June 26, 2015

Banana Oatmeal Cake


From a good friend, Wanda Tew

1 c. quick oats 
1/2 c. shortening 
1 1/2 c. hot water 
1 1/2 c. sugar
 2 eggs
 1 1/2 c. flour 
1 1/4 t. soda
 1/2 t. salt 
1/2 t. nutmeg
1 t. cinnamon
 1 t. vanilla
 2 bananas - well ripened and mashed

Soak the oats in the hot water for 20 minutes.  Mix shortening, sugar and eggs.  Add flour, salt soda and spices.  Blend, then add the bananas, vanilla, and oats.  Mix well and pour into a greased 9x13 inch pan.  Sprinkle with 6 oz. butterscotch chips and 1/2 c. broken walnuts.  Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes.

(I omitted the nutmeg, since I'm not a big nutmeg fan.  I just added that amount to the cinnamon.  If desired, skip the chips & nuts, and frost.  I am not a fan of frosting either so I just sprinkle with powdered sugar when cool or ready to serve. It adds a pretty touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment