Welcome to my Kitchen!

As often as possible you will find new recipes, that I have found on the internet, from others and some that are family favorites. Most are easy and use common ingredients found in most kitchens. Not all pictures are taken by me, but I do add my own pictures as soon as I can after I have made the recipe and remember to take the picture. Pull up a chair, help yourself to some coffee and make yourself at home. Please leave a comment, I appreciate feedback. Thank you.

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Egg bake with crunch

Egg Bake Crunch

8 slices of bread, crusts removed and cubed
1 1/2 cups cubed ham (I used deli sliced ham)
6 to 8 slices of Velveeta or Kraft singles (Velveeta works best)

Put cubed bread in 9 x 13 inch pan. Top with ham and cheese.

Mix in another bowl:
3 cups milk
8 eggs 
1 tsp. dry mustard
Pour over bread in pan.

Corn flake topping:
2 cups slightly crushed corn flakes
1/3 cup of melted butter

Cover with foil and refrigerate over night. Uncover and top with corn flake  topping, place in 350ยบ oven and bake for 50 to 60 minutes.  Check at 40 minutes with knife, if knife comes out clean it's done. Let sit for 5 minutes, serve and enjoy.


***I like to set the casserole dish out for about half an hour before placing in hot oven.

No comments:

Post a Comment