Welcome to my Kitchen!

As often as possible you will find new recipes, that I have found on the internet, from others and some that are family favorites. Most are easy and use common ingredients found in most kitchens. Not all pictures are taken by me, but I do add my own pictures as soon as I can after I have made the recipe and remember to take the picture. Pull up a chair, help yourself to some coffee and make yourself at home. Please leave a comment, I appreciate feedback. Thank you.

Monday, August 19, 2013

Strawberry Spinach salad with poppy seed dressing

9 ounce bag of spinach, washed and de-stemmed
1/2 quart fresh sliced strawberries, or more if desired.
1/2 cup candied slivered almonds (recipe below)




CREAMY POPPY SEED DRESSING:

1/4 cup mayonnaise
2 tablespoons sugar
2 Tbl. milk
2-1/4 teaspoons cider vinegar

1-1/2 teaspoons poppy seeds

CANDIED ALMONDS

1/2 cup blanched slivered almonds
3 Tbs. sugar
1 1/2 teaspoon water.
In med to med. low, skillet heat and stir constantly until water has dissolved and sugar sticks to almonds.  Remove from heat and Let cool. Break up clumps.

Place spinach in bowl with sliced strawberries. Just before serving pour in dressing and toss, add almonds and toss gently. Serve and enjoy.

**Even the fussiest of eaters will love this sweet tangy salad.

****I like to double the dressing recipe and almonds to keep some on hand for a small individual salad. Mmmmmm

No comments:

Post a Comment