Welcome to my Kitchen!

As often as possible you will find new recipes, that I have found on the internet, from others and some that are family favorites. Most are easy and use common ingredients found in most kitchens. Not all pictures are taken by me, but I do add my own pictures as soon as I can after I have made the recipe and remember to take the picture. Pull up a chair, help yourself to some coffee and make yourself at home. Please leave a comment, I appreciate feedback. Thank you.

Sunday, July 15, 2012

Salsa

Step one
Skin 8 quarts tomatoes
2 cups of chopped onions
2 cups chopped celery
1 cup chopped green peppers
1/2 cup canning salt

Mix above with hands---Don't handle too much-leave tomatoes whole. Let marinate over night. Drain juices.

Step Two
chop 2 to 4 jalepeno peppers.... 1 1/2 cups or to your taste. Leave seeds in to make it hot!
3/4 cup sugar
1 cup vinegar
2 Tbl. mustard seed 1 teas. corn starch
Mix in blender.

Step 3
Mix step one and two and bring to a boil. Break tomatoes up as cooling. Fill jars, place lids on and process in water bath for 1/2 hour.
Makes about 36 pints.

No comments:

Post a Comment