Welcome to my Kitchen!

As often as possible you will find new recipes, that I have found on the internet, from others and some that are family favorites. Most are easy and use common ingredients found in most kitchens. Not all pictures are taken by me, but I do add my own pictures as soon as I can after I have made the recipe and remember to take the picture. Pull up a chair, help yourself to some coffee and make yourself at home. Please leave a comment, I appreciate feedback. Thank you.

Monday, May 28, 2012

No Bake Strawberry Dessert


Ingredients

1 loaf (10-1/2 ounces) angel food cake, cut into 1-inch cubes
2 packages (.3 ounce each) sugar-free strawberry gelatin
2 cups boiling water
1 package (20 ounces) frozen unsweetened whole strawberries, thawed.  Can use fresh.

2 cups cold 1% milk
1 package (1 ounce) sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix

1 carton (8 ounces) frozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed. I used half.
Chopped fresh strawberries for garnish, optional.

Directions
Arrange cake cubes in a single layer in a 13-in. x 9-in. dish. In a
bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water; stir in strawberries. Pour
over cake and gently press cake down. Refrigerate until set, about 1
hour.

In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand
for 2 minutes or until soft-set.
Spoon over gelatin layer. Spread with whipped topping. Refrigerate
until serving. 
Garnish with  fresh strawberries if desired.
**Very light and refreshing.
Yield: 20 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment