Welcome to my Kitchen!

As often as possible you will find new recipes, that I have found on the internet, from others and some that are family favorites. Most are easy and use common ingredients found in most kitchens. Not all pictures are taken by me, but I do add my own pictures as soon as I can after I have made the recipe and remember to take the picture. Pull up a chair, help yourself to some coffee and make yourself at home. Please leave a comment, I appreciate feedback. Thank you.

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Western baked chicken

Ingredients

    * 3/4 cup fat-free Western salad dressing
    * 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
    * 1/4 teaspoon salt
    * 8 bone-in chicken breast halves (10 ounces each), skin removed
    * 2-1/2 cups crushed cornflakes
    *

      DIPPING SAUCE
    * 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
    * 1/4 cup chopped onion
    * 3/4 cup fat-free Western salad dressing
    * 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
    * 1/4 teaspoon salt

Directions

    * In a shallow bowl, combine the salad dressing, chili powder and salt. Dip chicken in the mixture, then roll in cornflakes. Place in a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until chicken juices run clear.
    * Meanwhile, for sauce, combine green pepper and onion in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high for 1-1/2 minutes. Stir in remaining ingredients. Cover and cook 30-60 seconds longer or until heated through. Serve with chicken. Yield: 8 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment